Catena Adrianna Vineyard White Stones Chardonnay
Regular price €90,00
For over four generations, the Catena family has grown vines in the foothills of the Andes Mountains in Mendoza, Argentina. In his pursuit to make wines that stand with the best in the world, Nicolás Catena identified the best lots, and rows, in the Catena family’s estate vineyards.
White Stones Chardonnay comes from a select 27 rows within Block 1 of the Adrianna Vineyard. The name refers to the ground beneath the vines which is covered with gravel - oval white stones.
The Adrianna vineyard is located at almost 5,000’ elevation in the Gualtallary sub-district of the Tupungato region. The rocky soil prevents deep root growth and allows for ideal drainage conditions. These are very poor soils where the vines are constantly in conditions of stress. The cool nights allow for very slow ripening, optimal acid retention and low yields.
- Adrianna Vineyard: Gualtallary District, Tupungato Alto Region, Uco Valley, Mendoza, Argentina
- Parcel Name: White Stones
- Parcel Surface: 2.5 Hectares
- Soil composition: Alluvial river bed. Stony soil
- Altitude: 4.757 ft (1.450 m) elevation
- Varietal: 100% Chardonnay
- Alcohol: 12.9%
- Total Acidity: 7.75 grams/liter
- pH: 3.1
- Unfined and unfiltered
Cold settling for 12 hours in stainless steel tanks at 6º C. Fermentation in French oak barrels for 45 - 95 days at 16°C. Battonage. Partial malolactic fermentation. Aged for 12-16 months in 2nd, 3d and 4th use French oak barrels.